Do you want to look and feel your best? The key is to practice self-care, a process of adopting positive behaviors that improve your health and appearance. If you take care of your body and mind, you’ll feel and look better. Courtesy of Z Physique, the following are a few self-care tips you can start doing right away.
Get Enough Sleep
If you want to look and feel good, getting enough sleep is one of the most effective ways. When you sleep, your body heals and your mind rejuvenates. A lack of sleep makes you feel tired and irritable and impacts how you look. According to studies, just one night of inadequate sleep causes:
- More wrinkles and fine lines
- Droopier corners of the mouth
- Swollen eyes
- Darker circles under the eyes
- Hanging eyelids
Most people need seven to nine hours of quality sleep every night.
Regular exercise has many benefits, including:
- Less fat: There are two types of fat. Subcutaneous fat is the fat you can pinch just under the skin, while visceral fat is the deeply buried fat that surrounds your internal organs. Excessive visceral fat is linked to increased risks of many diseases, including type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke. Regular exercise can reduce both subcutaneous and visceral fat, leading to better health and looks.
- Vibrant skin: Exercise improves blood flow to your skin, leading to increased oxygen and nutrient supply to your skin cells. Research has shown endurance exercise can reduce premature aging.
- Less stress and anxiety: Stress negatively affects how you feel and look. When you exercise, your body pumps endorphins into your system to make you feel good. Exercise also builds up your immune, cardiovascular, and digestive systems, making your body more resistant to the adverse effects of stress.
- Improved self-image: According to a study, exercise improved women’s perceptions of how their bodies look. Not only does exercising make you look better, but it also makes you feel better about how you look.
Do you need help getting into a consistent exercise routine? Z Physique can help. Our weight loss programs and nutrition services will help you learn what you need to do to get in the best shape of your life. Contact us today at (602) 750-9647 to get started.
Reduce Work Stress
One of the biggest sources of stress for a lot of us is work. Many people don’t like their jobs or don’t get along with their bosses or colleagues. If you’re stuck in a job that’s no longer challenging, changing your career can reduce your stress and improve your health.
Many people want to change careers but don’t know how to start. One of the best ways to change careers is to go back to school and get a new degree in a promising field. While going back to a traditional, campus-based school as an adult may not be feasible for many people, online degree programs offer a viable alternative. You can earn a master’s degree online while still working full-time or taking care of your family.
When choosing an online school, make sure it’s accredited and that its tuition rates are competitive. Online degree programs are available for many careers, including criminal justice, psychology, business, and information technology. No matter what new career you want, there’s something for you.
Take Care of Yourself
By taking care of yourself, such as getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and reducing work stress, you can look and feel healthier. There’s no better time to start than today.