A bowl of this homemade soup is a wonderful meal to enjoy during the holidays. It’s low carb and filled with protein and veggies to power your day and curb your cravings. Best of all it’s made in the slow cooker, so preparation is quick and easy.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 organic, free range chicken breasts
- 1 (28oz) can diced, fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded
- 32 oz organic, free range chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- dash of sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados
- Tajin seasoning for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the cilantro, avocado and tajin, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker. Shred with a fork and then return to the slow cooker.
- Garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of cilantro, a few slices of avocado and a dash of tajin. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 153 calories, 6g fat, 321mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 10g protein.
“Copyright foodandhealth.com, reprinted with permission”
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.