This recipe meets all 5 of the steps to a healthy dinner. By baking the chicken and using cauliflower for rice, this recipe has half of the calories and 80% less fat than a traditional stir fried chicken meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons organic chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces snow peas, halved lengthwise diagonally
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Wash cauliflower, discard the leaves, and chop into small pieces. Grate the pieces with a food processor. In a large skillet heat the coconut oil over medium. Add the shredded cauliflower. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve as you would traditional rice.
- Combine coconut aminos, mirin, coconut nectar, apple cider vinegar and chicken broth in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken breasts to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 1teaspoon toasted sesame oil to pan. Add snow peas and onions; saute 2 minutes. Add coconut amino mixture and chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy and chicken is thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Place 1 cup rice in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 cup chicken mixture.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 256 calories, 6g fat, 621mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 28g protein.
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.