The best salads are a cornucopia of fresh vegetables, with little or no added fat. This salad combines some of the garden’s tastiest veggies and is dressed lightly with no added oils. Serve with a side of lean protein for a healthy, vibrant meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 cup curly endive
- 1 cup dandelion greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 packet Stevia
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- Place the eggs in a pan of water; bring to a simmer for 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Crack the eggs all over, and then place in a pan of cold water for one minute. Remove from water, peel, and slice. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes. Rinse in cold water then set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine the endive, dandelion greens, tomato, onion and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the Stevia, lime juice, garlic, Dijon and vinegar. Mix well.
- Coat the salad with the dressing. Top with asparagus and sliced egg.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 119 calories, 5.5 fat, 137mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, and 8g protein.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.