Do you avoid exercise because you feel it is time consuming and boring? If so, it’s easy to
see why you make excuses to get out of having to face it. The problem is, the more you
avoid exercise, the more sedentary your lifestyle becomes, and the more you may face
health challenges instead.
It doesn’t have to be this way! You probably remember having lots of good times when you
were younger that involved quite a bit of strenuous activity. At the time, you didn’t even
realize that you were doing something healthy for your body because you were having so
Instead of forcing yourself into boring exercise routines, you can recapture some of
those good feelings of your youth by seeking out activities that help you burn calories
and shape up while having fun.
Try these ideas for fun ways to get in shape:
1. Hula hoop. You can work out whatever sets of muscles you want with a hula hoop.
They now make special hoops that are balanced with weights for different parts of
your body. Before you know it, you’ll be toned and in shape and you’ll have had fun
in the process.
2. Jump rope. Jumping rope has many health benefits. It also gets invigorating very
quickly. You may find that you’ve burned 100 calories in only 10 minutes while
3. Fly a kite. If the weather is right, you can exercise just by flying a kite. It’s a great
activity to try, especially if you have kids to enjoy it with you.
4. Dance. Even if you think you don’t know how to dance, or have no natural rhythm,
dancing can be a lot of fun. You can sign up for a class or just get crazy in your own
home. Let yourself loose and you’ll find that you’re burning calories in no time.
5. Go for a ride. Go for a ride outside and enjoy the scenery. The trick to this technique
is that you won’t be using a car. Ride a bike, rollerblade, or try skateboarding.
• These activities are often more fun than just walking around town. However, if you’re
the type to enjoy a good walk, that’ll certainly benefit you as well.
6. Take up gardening. Gardening is another activity that you might not associate with
staying fit. The truth is that it’s a very beneficial activity. In gardening, you focus on
the yard and plants, instead of the fact that you’re exercising, which makes
7. Swim. While this activity might not be available to you year round, it’s good for you to
take the opportunity to do it when you can. Swimming is excellent exercise, and you
can get creative so you never have the same swim twice.
Yes, getting in shape can be a lot of fun. As long as you’re moving, you’re exercising and
burning up calories. Use these exercise tips as a springboard for your imagination and you’ll
never run out of ideas for a fun way to exercise again!
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.