Having an exercise buddy can make it easier to stick to your exercise routine. A partner
may be just what you need to stay motivated, have fun, and reach your fitness
goals. Below are some points to consider for selecting the right exercise buddy so you can
work together effectively.
Selecting Your Exercise Buddy:
1. Find a partner among your family and friends. You may need to look no further
than your own family and friends to find a partner. The advantages are that you’re
already familiar with each other and enjoy each other’s company.
2. Search for a partner with compatible goals. You may prefer to look for a partner
with similar goals. If you want to lose a significant amount of weight, you might like
sharing the challenge with someone in a similar position. If you’re very competitive,
you may feel more compatible with someone who shares your intensity.
3. Stay safe searching for a partner online. There’s nothing wrong with finding your
ideal partner online, just protect your own safety. Meet strangers in a public place and
safeguard any confidential information.
4. Choose a partner who lives close by. It’s easier to stick to a regular routine if you
don’t have far to travel. Be realistic about how much time and expense you’re willing
to devote to commuting and pick a buddy within that range.
Working Out With Your Exercise Buddy:
1. Agree to a regular schedule. Sit down with your exercise buddy to arrange a
schedule that you both can live with. It’s more effective to start out gradually
and add on more sessions together if you feel up to it.
2. Take turns coordinating your activities. One nice thing about working out with
another person is that you can share the responsibility for planning your exercise
sessions. Take turns proposing new activities. Host each other in your own homes or
visit different parks and yoga studios in your neighborhood.
3. Encourage and reward each other. The two of you can support each other to stay
on track. Make sure you praise each other for your efforts! You could even surprise
your friend with small treats like going out for low-fat frozen yogurt smoothies.
4. Monitor your progress. It’s easier get into a rut if no one else knows about it. Keep
your goals in mind and track your progress according to your own targets. You might
want to weigh yourselves periodically to see how many pounds you’ve lost or keep
journals showing how quickly your running speed and distances improve.
5. Keep alert when exercising outdoors after dark. Many women may feel safer
having someone along when they run outside after dark. It’s a good measure of extra
protection but avoid becoming complacent. Stay vigilant about your surroundings at all
times so you can watch out for each other.
6. Engage in other activities together. You might want to get together with your
exercise buddy for other activities. It can help you understand each other better, that
way you’ll know how to support each other anytime your energy levels start to wane.
It can also help protect you from getting bored with the same old routines.
7. Make backup plans for when your buddy is unavailable. No matter how
committed you are, family obligations and injuries will sometimes intervene. You can
stick to your program if you have a contingency plan for those times when you’re on
your own. Try out an exercise video by yourself and you can share it the next time you
An exercise buddy is a powerful strategy for making your workouts fun and
productive. Keep each other motivated and you’ll both get to enjoy some awesome results.
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Please email me with any questions and visit: https://www.z-physique.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.