Meals that are filled with protein and fat, like this omelet, help to curb between-meal cravings. Enjoy the unique flavor blend of turkey, apple, goat cheese and cinnamon.
Here’s what you need…
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 small apple
- dash of cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons goat cheese
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon strips for 4 minutes each side, until golden.
- While bacon cooks, dice the apple. Remove bacon strips from skillet, place on a cutting board. Place the apple pieces in the heated skillet and sauté for 5 minutes, sprinkling with a dash of cinnamon. Dice the bacon and place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a bowl whisk the egg whites, whole eggs and coconut milk. Beat the eggs until frothy and add dash of salt and pepper.
- Remove apples from skillet and add to the bowl of bacon. Pour half of the egg mixture in the skillet, cook until set and then flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the other half of egg mixture.
- While eggs cook, mix the bacon, apples and goat cheese together.
- Fill each omelet with half of the bacon, apple and goat cheese mixture.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 249 calories, 12 fat, 485mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, and 25g protein.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.