This recipe for Teriyaki Rib Eye and Chicken Wrapped Asparagus is savory and delicious. It’s a wonderful way to get your protein and veggies all at once! Fight the urge to serve this meal with traditional rice, and instead shred a head of cauliflower in a food processor and sauté into low-carb, guilt-free rice. Enjoy!
Yield: 5 servings
Here’s what you need:
For the Sesame Blanched Asparagus
- Sea salt
- 2 bunches fresh, organic asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Fresh, black pepper
- Bring 2 inches of water to boil in a large skillet. Add a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Wash and trim the ends from 2 bunches of asparagus. Add to the boiling water and blanch for about 10 minutes, until tender and vibrantly green.
- Remove from heat, drain and place in a bowl. Toss with the sesame oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For the Rib Eye and/or Chicken
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb thinly sliced Rib Eye and/or Chicken
- Combine the sake, mirin, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos and maple syrup in a bowl. Pour over the meat in a shallow container. Place in the fridge and chill for an hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a grill pan or skillet. Remove the meat from the fridge. Wrap pieces of meat around stalks of asparagus. Place in the preheated skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 120 calories, 8g fat, 59mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 14g protein.
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.