You know that skinless chicken breast is a great source of lean protein, but grilled chicken night after night gets boring. Here’s a new way to dress up your healthy lean protein. The southwest flavors of chiles and lime make this a seriously tasty meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 4 oz light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (4oz) can Hatch green chiles, roasted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 organic, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Tajin seasoning (blend of dehydrated lime, ground chile peppers and salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, combine the cream cheese, drained tomatoes, corn and chiles.
- Slice through the thick part of each chicken breast so that it opens like a book. Double wrap the chicken with plastic wrap and out it with a meat until it’s 1/4 inch thick.
- Season one side of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then flip it over and spread with 1/4 of the cream cheese filling. Roll each chicken breast up and place it seam side down in a baking dish. Rub a little olive oil over the top of the chicken then season with Tajin and salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice and then serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 234 calories, 6g fat, 522mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 31g protein.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.
Please email me with any questions and visit: https://www.z-physique.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.