This quick and easy soup is wholesome and nutritious. Red bell peppers are filled with vitamin C, vitamin A and carotenoids, making this a wonderful way to fight off a cold.
Here’s what you need:
- 5 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 cups of chicken broth,
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt,
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Roast the bell peppers on a grill pan. Let them get really blackened. Place in a closed paper bag for 15 minutes. Peel off the skin, remove the seeds and stem.
- Transfer the roasted peppers and the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth then heat on the stove. It’s really delicious chilled, too. Garnish with a Tablespoon of coconut milk and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 151 calories, 12g fat, 341mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 6g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.