Preparing healthy, fresh meals doesn’t have to take hours of your day. This tasty salad is filled with protein, fiber and nutritious veggies. Prepares in 10 minutes.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- Drain the chickpeas, but do not rinse. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise, rotate and slice lengthwise again to form 4 long pieces. Chop into small slices and add to the bowl.
- Cut the tomato into 4 pieces. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Chop into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over the chickpea mixture and mix well.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 138 calories, 2.5g fat, 188mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 6g protein.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.