Resist the temptation to eat out by making quick, healthy dinners like this one. Chicken and veggies make up the bulk of this meal, keeping you lean and green. Instead of rice, serve this stir fry over a cauliflower rice. To make simply run a head of cauliflower through a food processor with the grating attachment, so that it is finely shredded. Sauté the cauliflower in a large skillet, with a teaspoon of olive oil, until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 pound organic, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in half and then into 2 inch segments
- 2 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 Tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 ripe, organic mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Rinse the chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, sauté for about 10 minutes, until soft. Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes. Add the bok choy and zucchini. After 5 minutes add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, cover, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth, arrowroot, sesame oil, vinegar and coconut aminos. Add the seasoned mixture to the skillet, along with the chopped mango, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (without rice) equals: 243 calories, 11g fat, 675mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 19g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.