Here’s a great recipe for a busy weekday dinner. Ground turkey breast is mixed with Mediterranean spices to create flavorful, protein-packed kebabs. Serve with salad and vegetables and a side of plain Greek yogurt.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey breast, de-boned, trimmed of skin and cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond meal (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- In a food processor, blend the turkey strips until ground. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well blended.
- Pre-heat your grill or grill pan.
- Lightly grease your hands, then press the meat into the wooden skewers until it covers about 3-4 inches in an elongated meatball shape. If the meat is not sticking then add some more almond meal.
- Grill for about 8 minutes per side.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 254 calories, 8g fat, 156mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 47g protein
“Copyright foodandhealth.com, reprinted with permission”
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.