This summer salad is a refreshing way to serve chicken. Tender mango chutney, creamy Greek yogurt and fresh, crunchy greens make this one tasty meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger root, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ripe mangoes, chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 4 cups salad greens
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger root and sauté for a minute.
- Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the mango and spices. Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, until everything has softened.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine the yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the chopped chicken in a medium sized bowl and mix in the yogurt blend.
- Prepare each plate with a pile of greens topped with a scoop of chicken and a spoonful of chutney.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 286 calories, 6 fat, 185mg sodium, 22g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, and 35g protein.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.