Most muffin recipes use white flour, sugar, canola oil and dairy—but not these healthy muffins. Each of these Grain-Free Zucchini Muffins is packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It’s the perfect way to turn fresh, organic zucchini into a delicious treat.
Here’s what you need…
- 11/2 cups almond flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup grated zucchini, water squeezed out
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil, or one large loaf pan.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, honey, vanilla, banana and oil in another bowl. Mix well and add the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined
- Fold in the zucchini, raisins and pecans. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each tin 1/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and set (for a loaf bake for 30 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: One muffin equals: 182 calories, 12g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 166mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 6g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.