Here’s a great recipe for low carb biscuits. It’s gluten free and uses flax meal and egg whites to create a soft, fluffy texture. When striving towards a fat loss goal it’s important to limit the amount of bread that you eat, due to all the simple carbs. This recipe is a great way to enjoy some bread while still maintaining your clean diet.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 cups flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 8 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, flax meal and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix the honey and oil into the flax mixture, then quickly fold in the egg whites. Be careful not to over mix the egg whites, so the fluffiness remains.
- Use an ice cream scooper to drop mounds of the batter on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 186 calories, 14g fat, 64mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 6g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Please email me with any questions and visit: https://www.z-physique.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.