Here’s a pasta salad recipe that you can indulge in while still getting flat abs! The secret is to use a vegetable peeler to turn zucchini into long pasta-like strands. This recipe is filled with fiber and is the perfect side to a lean chicken breast.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Trim the zucchini ends. Peel down the length of each zucchini until you reach the seeded center, creating long, noodle strands.
- Place the noodles in a medium bowl, add the quartered cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, dried basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the noodles and mix to combine.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- *Optional, garnish with drops of balsamic vinegar glaze before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: 92 calories, 7g fat, 68mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 2g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.