Here is a guiltless way to prepare spaghetti that the whole family will love. To create angel hair noodles out of zucchini you simply need a small kitchen gadget called a spiral slicer. This ingenious tool is well worth the small investment – with it you’ll quickly and easily make delicious, fiber-filled noodles.
Yield: 4 servings
Here’s what you need:
- 4 zucchini, ends trimmed and run through a spiral slicer
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (20oz) package lean ground turkey
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the spiral-sliced zucchini in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the turkey to the skillet and cook until fully browned. Add the spaghetti sauce and mix until fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Mix the sauce with the zucchini noodles in the large bowl and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 292 calories, 8g fat, 26g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 27g protein.
“Copyright foodandhealth.com, reprinted with permission”
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.