This recipe is a wonderful option for a weekend breakfast – it’s healthy, delicious and ready in 20 minutes. These pancakes are gluten-free and are lower in carbs and sugar than pancakes made from a packaged mix. Serve with a side of eggs and fresh fruit.
Yield: 10 pancakes
Here’s what you need…
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil
- Combine the mashed banana, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla and almond extracts in a food processor. Add the flour, soda and salt. Mix well. Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat coconut oil on your griddle over medium heat. Ladle pancake batter by 1/4 cup onto griddle. When bubbles form, flip the pancakes to cook other side.
- Serve with sliced banana and pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One pancake equals: 148 calories, 9g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 4g protein.
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.