Here’s a simple, delicious vegetable side dish that your whole family will love. It’s a great way to increase the fiber content of your meal. Simply add a serving of lean protein and you have a wonderfully fit meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 4 small, organic zucchini
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, seeded and chopped
For the Pesto:
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Combine the pesto ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
- Trim the ends from the zucchinis and slice in half the long way. Carefully score the flesh with short diagonal cuts.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush a little olive oil on the flat side of each zucchini and place the flat side down on the hot pan. Cook until the flat side is browned and the zucchini is starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a baking pan.
- Spread a Tablespoon of pesto on each zucchini slice and sprinkle with the olives. Place in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, until tender. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 152 calories, 10g fat, 140mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 6g protein.
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.