These meatballs are packed with protein and veggies, making it the perfect snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make a quick batch on the weekend, and then enjoy throughout your week.
Makes: 24 Meatballs
Here’s what you need…
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground pork with all of the spices. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Place a skillet over medium heat and warm the coconut oil. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, pecans and parsley. Cook for about 3 minutes, until soft. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Add the vegetable mixture into the ground pork and combine well. Use your hands to form golf ball sized meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in an oven-safe baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
Nutritional Analysis: 77 calories, 4g fat, 76mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, .5g fiber, and 8g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.