This simple, cleansing squash soup recipe is an amazing recipe to rely on this holiday season for two reasons…
First, it’s the perfect light meal to eat before you go out to your holiday party. You’ll make better food choices and will have less room for the fattening foods when you’ve already filled up on this guilt-free soup.
Secondly, this soup makes a wonderful day-after-the-big-party meal, when you want to keep things low-calorie, simple and cleansing. It freezes well, so make lots and save some for later.
Here’s what you need…
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 cups vegan vegetable broth
- 3 green zucchini, chopped
- 3 yellow zucchini, chopped
- dash of salt and pepper
- 12 oz frozen butternut squash, defrosted
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- dab of plain Greek yogurt
- Spray the bottom of your soup pot with nonstick spray, and sauté the onion until soft. Add the broth, zucchini, salt and pepper and cook until zucchini is soft.
- Use your hand blender and puree the soup until smooth. Add the butternut squash.
- Remove from heat, add milk and lemon juice.
- Put a dab of yogurt in each bowl and swirl with a spoon.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 122 calories, 1g fat, 402mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 5g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Please email me with any questions and visit: https://www.z-physique.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.