Most packaged dried fruits contain added cane sugar, but here’s a recipe for baked apple chips that uses only a touch of wholesome sweeteners and a sprinkle of cinnamon. No need for a dehydrator either, these tasty chips are made in the oven! Enjoy this as a delicious dessert or pack a bagful for an on-the-go snack.
Here’s what you need:
- 6 apples (try Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 6 cups fruit-only juice (try pear juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Coconut Crystals
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Core and then thinly slice 6 apples (skins are fine!)
- Boil the apples for 5 minutes in a pot with the fruit juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Remove from the juice, pat dry and arrange the apple slices on a cooling rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sea salt and coconut crystals. Place in the preheated oven for 1 to 2 hours. Remove from heat once crispy.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 114 calories, 0g fat, 60mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 1g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.