By using flavorful ingredients, like roasted red bell peppers and white bean hummus, this soup tastes like you slaved over it all afternoon– but really takes less than 20 minutes to throw together. This recipe is a great way to fit some quinoa into your diet. Quinoa is a protein-packed seed that is considered a “super food”. It’s s a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids, and is gluten free.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup white bean hummus
- 2 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- dash sea salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Take 1/4 cup of the roasted red peppers, slice into strips and set aside.
- Place the remaining red peppers in a blender along with the hummus and chicken stock. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa and chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the slices of red pepper and chopped parsley.
Nutritional Analysis: One Serving equals: 248 calories, 11g fat, 644mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 20g protein
***Use Low Sodium Chicken Stock to reduce sodium content***
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Please email me with any questions and visit: https://www.z-physique.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.