Most chicken salad recipes contain loads of mayonnaise or dairy products, but not this one. A simple can of coconut milk makes this salad deliciously creamy while roasted chiles, fresh cilantro, sweet fruit and crunchy pecans really bring the flavor. Serve on large butter lettuce leaves.
Makes: 8 Servings
Here’s what you need…
For the Creamy Coconut Dressing:
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- lemon zest (all you can get from one small lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- dash pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 4oz can mild chopped green chiles
- 1 lb roasted chicken, chopped
- For the Creamy Coconut Dressing: Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk well and then set in the fridge to chill while you prepare the salad.
- For the Salad: Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the creamy coconut dressing and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with large lettuce leaves and Dijon mustard.
Nutritional Analysis: 286 calories, 20g fat, 80mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 19g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.