Here’s a wonderful protein-packed snack recipe. The addition of homemade BBQ sauce takes these meatballs from regular to extraordinary. Enjoy as a power snack or throw a couple on a pile of greens for a light meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz ground cooked ham
- 12 oz ground raw pork
- 1/3 cup coconut crystals
- 2/3 cup organic, no-sugar-added ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl combine eggs, almond flour, flax meal, onion, coconut milk, Dijon, and pepper. Add ground ham and ground pork; mix well. Shape into 18 balls, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each ball. Place ham balls in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a bowl combine coconut crystals, ketchup, vinegar, and Dijon. Stir until the coconut crystals dissolve. Pour a spoonful over each ham ball.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until done. Transfer ham balls to a serving platter and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One meatball equals: 122 calories, 7g fat, 293mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 9g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.