Just because you gave up white bread and sugar doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a delicious plate of French Toast! This recipe is made with sprouted grain bread, egg whites and protein-packed Greek yogurt. The whole family will love it. Servings: 5
Here’s what you need…
- 5 slices cinnamon raisin, sprouted grain bread
- 1 cup egg whites
- 6 oz fat free, Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Optional: additional fat free Greek yogurt and pomegranate seeds for topping.
- Preheat a skillet, or pancake griddle over medium high heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg whites, yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg white mixture, flipping to coat each side. Place on the prepared skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until the eggs set and turn golden.
- Serve immediately with the additional yogurt and pomegranate.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 127 calories, 0 fat, 157mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 12g protein.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.