Many people are feeling pretty drained right now. Changing schedules drains energy, health concerns drain confidence, a troubled economy drains finances, and so much change all at once drains the sense of stability. Through healthy choices throughout your day, you can renew your emotional reserves. Z Physique wants you to stay strong, happy and healthy, so check out these handpicked resources to help.
Small But Mighty
The first and foremost thing you should do is enlist some small self-care practices to reduce your stress levels. So much change is naturally stressful, so find healthy coping strategies that you can slip easily into your day.
- Take a breath. Take a moment here and there to do some breathing exercises to ease tension.
- Gentle rolls and stretches. Do some simple stretches to relieve stress in your neck and shoulders.
- Free up time. If you need to free up a little time in your day, look for simple time-savers, like using a slow cooker to make meal time a breeze.
- Ensure nutrition. Your immune system is fueled by food, and a superfood-based beverage can help fill gaps your meals miss.
- Quiet your mind. Add some short guided meditations to your day to help you get started.
- Soothing supplements. If you’re looking for a non-addictive supplement to help ease tension, CBD oil can help you relax.
Bigger and Broader Ideas
Your home environment might be contributing negative energy to members of your household in subtle ways. Turn a critical eye to the space that surrounds you, and see if there is room for improvement.
- Piles of problems. Mayo Oshin explains clutter can lead to feelings of stress, anxiety, and inadequacy, so spend some time decluttering.
- Light up your life. Increasing your exposure to natural light can help you feel more positive and less stressed.
- Recolor your mood. The colors on your walls can make an impact in how you feel.
- Go outside. If you’re feeling cooped up, there are safe ways to spend more time outdoors.
- Shake up your goals. Making a general commitment to healthier living is that much stronger when you add a fitness and nutrition app to your regimen.
Same Stuff, Different Day
After many weeks of staying at home, it’s easy to feel like you’re stuck in a rut. This is aggravated by the prospect of the pandemic having no foreseeable end, but with a little ingenuity and creativity, you can change up your routine in important ways.
- Little events. You can still do meaningful new things that are small but pack a punch, like connecting with an old friend or savoring a sunrise.
- Ongoing projects. Choose to do something that has stepstones toward a bigger goal, like learn a new language.
- Make space. If you’re meditating routinely, establish a quiet room for your sessions.
- New foods. Try some new recipes to mix things up a bit to vary your meal-planning routine.
Don’t let the pandemic drain you. Take actions throughout your day to alleviate tension, refresh your environment as needed, and look for ways to change your routine up a bit. You’ll feel more relaxed and have more positive energy through these simple, healthy, and wholesome decisions.
Connect with Z Physique for additional insights and information to help ensure your quality of life.
Image courtesy of Pexels