Here is a muffin that is truly packed with fiber. Whole wheat flour and wholesome cooked quinoa combine with almonds and cranberries for a moist and delicious treat. Cooked quinoa can be used in place of some of the flour in almost any recipe to increase protein and fiber.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- zest from 1 small lemon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup organic turbinado raw cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees F. Place 12 muffins liners in muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the rice milk, flaxseed, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, almond and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, ground almond, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones and fold in the cooked quinoa and chopped cranberries.
- Use an ice cream scooper to fill each muffin liner 3/4 full. Sprinkle the turbinado raw cane sugar on top of each muffin. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 55 calories, 2.5g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 1g protein.
Check out my Online Training today. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Please visit: https://www.z-physique.com
Subscribe to My Newsletter
Get motivating health and fitness articles sent directly to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.